Mission/Giving Statement: The purpose of United Way of Central New Mexico’s Women in Philanthropy Women’s Self-Sufficiency grants is to help create sustainable systemic change in our four-county community through grants that address a continuum of services and the most pressing issues for women.
Grantmaking Program Areas: Education; Employment; Housing
Grantmaking Program Area Descriptions:
In 2012-13, Women’s Self-Sufficiency grant funding will focus on programs that Enhance Women’s Employability by improving high school graduation rates and/or assisting with GED completion; providing job/skill training for women to secure full-time employment; or supporting transitional and/or permanent housing for women.
Type of Funding/ Funding Restrictions: Agencies must meet the following criteria to apply for funding:
- Offer a program to women that meets one or more of the areas listed above
- Provide program services in one or more of the four counties of central New Mexico (Bernalillo, Sandoval, Torrance, Valencia)
- Not have applied for a United Way of Central New Mexico Community Fund grant in the same funding cycle
- Attend grant application training the week of February 20th, complete an online application by March 30th and host a site visit during the month of April
- As part of the online grant application, submit a current 501(c)3 letter, IRS Form 990, Board of Directors list and current audit (for agencies with more than $500,000 in annual revenue) or current financial statements signed by the Board Chair (for agencies under $500,000 in annual revenue)
- If funded, biannual reports are required.
Application Instructions: Interested agencies should send an email with the following information to Jennifer Mastripolito, [email protected] no later than COB Wednesday, February 15, 2012.
Eligible agencies will be contacted with details of the grant application training when all of the requested information is received:
1. Name of Agency
2. Name of Program
3. Contact Name, Email Address and Phone Number
4. Brief Program Description (no more than 100 words)